The following links are to those press releases put out by the program or affiliated Harvard departments regarding our research.
Research published by the Human Flourishing Program has been featured on national and international news outlets.
Op Editorials & Interviews
- USA Today (Op Ed): Religion may be a miracle drug.
- Spectator Health (Op Ed): People who go to church live longer. Here’s why
- Medical Research Studies (interview): Religious Service Attendance Is Protective Against Suicide
- Institute for Family Studies: Religious Service Attendance, Marriage, and Health
- Institute for Family Studies: Religious Upbringing and Adolescence
- Harvard Magazine: Connecting Body and Soul
- Short Lecture: Harvard Lectures that Last
Religious Upbringing and Positive Early Adult Outcomes
- Forbes: Raising Kids With Religion Or Spirituality May Protect Their Mental Health: Study
- Today.com - Teens with religious or spiritual upbringing may be safer from 'big 3' dangers
- Elite Daily - How Spirituality Affects Mental Health Will Inspire You To Believe In Something Bigger
- U.S. News & World Report - Study: Religious Childhood Linked to Healthier, Happier Adulthood
- Moms.com - Teens With Religious Upbringing Are Protected From Certain Scary Risks
- IFS: The Power of Prayer for Families
See the original academic paper in the American Journal of Epidemiology.
Religious Service Attendance and Mortality
- CNN: Going to church could help you live longer, study says
- US News and World Report: Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- New York Times: Churchgoers May Live Longer
- Fox News: Religious service attendance tied to longer life
- Chicago Tribune: Going to church may be good for longevity
- CBS: Could religion help you live longer?
- Today Show: Going to church can help women be healthier, live longer
- Washington Times: Religious women live longer than nonreligious women
- New York Post: Go to church if you want to live longer
- Reuters: Religious service attendance tied to longer life
- Huffington Post: One Weird Trick to Live Longer Your Doctor Might Not Tell You!
- Breaking Israel News: Harvard Study Concludes Attending Prayer Services Leads to Longer Life
- Washington Post: Another possible benefit of going to church: A 33 percent chance of living longer
- The Telegraph: Everlasting life? How going to church could help you live longer
See the original academic paper in JAMA Internal Medicine.
Religious Service Attendance and Suicide
- US New and World Reports: Religion a Buffer Against Suicide for Women, Study Suggests
- LA Times: Church attendance linked with reduced suicide risk, especially for Catholics, study says
- Reuters: Regular religious services tied to lowered suicide risk
- Daily Mail: Women who go to church 'are 5 times less likely to commit suicide than those who aren't religious'
- United Press International: Religion a buffer against suicide for women
- Medical Daily: Take Me To Church: Attending Religous Services Linked To Lower Suicide Rates Among Women
See the original academic paper in JAMA Psychiatry.